STL Cabinet Refinishing, Refacing, and Painting Experts
Welcome to St. Louis’s best cabinet refinishing company; serving locations throughout St. Louis, MO, and the surrounding areas of west county, south county, Jefferson County, and St. Louis County for over a decade. Carter Custom Painting has completed thousands of cabinet projects. We are experts in the repair, refinishing, repainting, refacing, replacing or even rebuilding yours. Our craftsmen are committed to your satisfaction, realizing that in a service-oriented business our only job security comes from satisfied customers who call us in the future and also refer us to their friends, coworkers, and associates. Our Crew follow a superior system guideline for the best finish on your kitchen cabinets, bathroom vanities, wet bars, or any cabinetry in your home or St. Louis business. Call us for your next cabinet painting or kitchen cabinet painting project at: 314-757-6973
- Cabinet Glazing
- Cabinet Refacing
- Kitchen Cabinet Painting
- Adding Crown Moulding to Cabinets
- Adding new hardware
- Spray Finish on Cabinets
- Brushed Finish on Cabinets
- Custom color matching
- Vanity Painting and Refinishing/Resurfacing
- Wet Bar Painting, Refinishing/Refacing
A St. Louis Cabinet Refinishing Company that is #1 for a reason
We listen to every detail you want to be accomplished on your Kitchen Cabinet project! Once we know exactly what you are looking for from St. Louis’s most pristine Cabinet Painting Company, we will give you honest recommendations and clearly explain what to expect from the services you select. When the contract is signed, and work is being performed the project manager is only a phone call or text away till it is completed. Most of the time I am on the job helping complete it or supervising it.
A quote that seems too good to be true probably is. But there’s still no need to sacrifice quality products and services for affordability. At Carter Custom Painting, you get only the best high-quality products and top-notch service at a fair price. If a painting company gives you a low price they are going to be rushing through the job trying to make a profit. This leads to mistakes, and in the painting industry, these mistakes are messy. So avoid low-end companies or you might need a cleaning company.
It takes more than just a fresh coat of paint to make your cabinets stand out and look like new. Our employees know how to properly prepare a surface for staining, glazing, or Painting understanding that many surfaces require different products for a long-lasting finish. We even do custom carpentry, wood replacement, cabinet repair, and artistic cabinet finishes, creativity is our specialty. Our team have mastered the process of painting your kitchen cabinets to achieve the durability of a high-end sprayed finish.
Cabinet Painting Process-Prep is Key to a long-lasting paint job
All these steps are not needed for every Cabinet Refinishing project. Depends on what material your cabinets are made of. Oak cabinets have special steps to get the paint in the grain.
- Prep the room-empty the cabinets were needed to fit the drill in for removal, clear off the counters and remove freestanding appliances. Cover floors and countertops where needed.
- Remove all hardware.
- Clean, and degrease everything.
- Sand all surfaces-Light sanding-This does not mean removing all the previous finish(That would be stripping), de-gloss if needed.
- Fill any holes or Large knicks.
- Caulk if needed.
- Tack cloth, and clean up the dust.
- Take all the doors and drawer fronts off, and number them.
- If handles are getting replaced, fill holes, and redrill for new ones. -If in the contract.
- Prime with quality paint or bonding primer if needed. It depends on what kind of wood the cabinets are made of and the finish it has.
- Set them up to spray -6-7 coats.
- If oak-paint will be brushed in the grain.
- Dry between coats of paint.
- Either spray or brush the boxes.
- When they are dry put everything back together.
- Wipe off any fingerprints from installers.
- We also install new bumpers on the doors and drawers.
- Label and leave touch-up paint.
Cabinet Refinishing and Painting Advantages-
- LESS EXPENSIVE- Painting is far less expensive than replacing with new cabinets especially a large amount of kitchen cabinets
- ECO-FRIENDLY OPTION- You will prevent the destruction of more trees by repainting instead of replacing them. Also, some cabinets contain hazardous materials which would end up in a landfill if replaced.
- CUSTOMIZATION- This is your chance to customize your cabinets with Custom colors, Glazes, multiple stain choices, and new hardware.
- TIMELY AND CONVENIENT- Kitchen cabinet painting can take less than a week compared to a remodel which could take 6 weeks.
- UPDATED KITCHEN CABINETS SELL HOMES- Painting your kitchen cabinets can improve your home’s value