Cabinet Refacing and Door Replacement by a local STL Company
Kitchen cabinet doors and drawers are project that requires custom sized doors, we can measure and replace them for you. Our cabinet doors are made from Select American Hardwood or High Density Fiberboard (HDF). Door options include 10 different wood species, hinge boring, 100’s of custom paint colors. Our 5-PC wood cabinet doors come in two main styles: Flat Panel or Raised Panel. Also available are HDFdoors and drawer fronts.
How Refacing/Replacement Works
Our Stl based Company specializes in performing custom cabinet door replacement and painting. We can special order many different cabinet doors and drawer fronts. Either way, the process follows the same order:
- Set up a date to take measurements.
- Select Style of door and drawer front
- Select your color
- Place order
- When doors and drawers are painted return.
- Cabinet doors are removed, drawers are removed and their fronts are removed, all hardware is removed (the rest of the drawers boxes remain intact).
- Paint the boxes to match the doors and drawers
- New door hinges are added, if ordered. Hinges in good condition can also be reused otherewise soft close can be installed also.
- New doors and drawer fronts are installed.
- New holes are drilled for the handles or knobs.
- New handles and drawer pulls are installed. Existing hardware can also be reused.
- Optional accessories, such as crown moulding, glass panels, or storage accessories are installed.
- Touch-up paint labeled and left with homeowner.
- Take old doors with us and discard.
How long does it take?
New doors are typically shipped 3-6 weeks after the manufacturer has received measurements from us. The actual time spent in the house is around 3-5 days at the most depending on the size of the kitchen and the amount of painting to do on the boxes. Painting the new doors at the shop ahead of time keeps the job moving and saves time.
What are the Limitations
The sky is the limit for replacement cabinet door and drawer face styles, wood, and finish/color. The only limitation is the layout of the existing cabinet boxes and their openings. Aside from that, order any style of door and drawer you like. Change the overlay/size of the door and make them slightly larger. Don’t like your existing grainy oak wood? Change this out to maple or even MDF for a closed grain look.