- If you really don’t have any idea about what color to paint try pulling a color out a piece of art or furniture that’s in the room. It’s a guaranteed way to find a complimentary color.
- Take home several paint chips and see how they look in the room. Hold them up to the furniture, floors, artwork, cabinets, and anything else that’s already in the room. Try to narrow it down to three or four choices.
- Get a small sample pot of each color and paint a large square on the wall.
- Watch how the color changes as the sun moves across the sky and the amount of light in the room changes.
- let it dry and see how it looks with the lighting in the room. Depending on your light bulbs the color could look different.
- Look for inspiration everywhere. What is the view like from your windows? If you have a tree that you love, draw your eye there by choosing a bold color on that wall, in either a similar color or a contrasting color. Don’t be afraid to be bold!
- What color should my ceilings be? White is the safe choice: it’s bright, and it makes the ceiling look higher.Ceilings-If you do opt to stick with white, though, here’s a tip I find very helpful: Add a few drops of your wall color to the can of ceiling paint. This tints the white just enough to make for a good transition.
- On the interior of the home, the color environment is created by the overall appearance of the walls and woodwork you will be painting, the furnishings in the room, and the hues in adjacent areas. To make the best color choices, take in the whole picture.
- Likewise, when doing exterior painting, be sure to take into account the fixed colors of your home: brick, stonework, and the roof color, for example. The most flattering color treatments will be those that work well with these existing elements. Consider choosing a color that will pick up the color of a non-painted area—the brown that appears in your brick or a green highlight from your stonework, for example.
- check out sherwin williams color visualizer…..http://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/try-on-colors/color-visualizer/
- check out this chart to help you decide…..http://www.realsimple.com/home-organizing/decorating/decorating-tips-techniques/choosing-paint-color
Play Up Monochromatic Schemes
Think one color is boring? Create bold or subtle variations within one color group with contrasting paint finishes. For example, use closely related colors, or try a single color in different finishes, for walls and trim in one space.
Add Depth With Decorative Finishes
Transform flat, dull walls into interesting and personal spaces with subtle or dramatic visual texture and broken color. Burnished mineral/metal finishes and layered colored glazes add depth. Some examples of softly reflective metals are mica, copper, pewter, bronze and, of course, antiqued silver and gold.
Choose Different Paint Finishes
A single color used on walls and trim takes on new significance when applied in different finishes. For example, wall and trim colors can remain the same hue, but use an eggshell (matte and less reflective) finish on walls and a satin or semigloss on trim. The color will appear slightly different on each surface. It’s a good way to create a cohesive look in rooms with many windows and doors, and relatively little wall area.
FAIL-SAFE COLOR CHOICES
If “safety first” is your motto and you simply want your home to look neat and freshly painted, there are certain color treatments that will look good on almost any home. A near-surefire approach when doing interior painting is to paint the walls a neutral color like beige and the ceiling and trim white. In fact, if you keep the trim and ceiling white, a wide range of colors will look attractive on your walls.
A St. louis Painting Company that is one of the best in Missouri!
We listen to every detail you want accomplished on your Exterior Painting project! Once we know exactly what you are looking for from St. Louis’s most pristine Painting Company, we will give you honest recommendations and clearly explain what to expect from the services you select. When the contract is signed,and work is being performed the project manager is only a phone call or text away till it is completed. Most the time I am on the job helping complete it or supervising.
A quote that seems too good to be true probably is. But there’s still no need to sacrifice quality products and services for affordability. At Carter Custom Painting, you get only the best high quality products and top notch service at a fair price. If a painting company gives you a low price they are going to be rushing through the job trying to make a profit. This leads to mistakes, and in the painting industry these mistakes are messy. So avoid low end companies or you might need a cleaning company.
High Quality Workmanship
It takes more than just a fresh coat of paint to make your home or business look like new. Our employees know how to properly prepare a surface for painting, understanding that many surfaces require different products for a long lasting finish. We even do custom carpentry, wood replacement, drywall repair, texture matching, and artistic work, creativity is our speciality.
This is a correct blog for everyone who is really wants to learn about this topic. You understand a whole lot its nearly hard to argue together with you (not that When i would want…HaHa). You definitely put a brand new spin for a topic thats been written about for several years. Fantastic stuff, just excellent!
Hi there, I enjoy reading all of your article post. I wanted to write a little comment to support you.
Hi, just wanted to tell you, I enjoyed this blog post. It was practical. Keep on posting!|
Highly recommended, great reviews, and a great company
Abosolutely loved this post
Hi, this is a powerful post. I have shared it in my reddit. Thank you.